Donor Relations Outbound Coordinator
This position is responsible for reaching out to lapsed premium donors to re-engage their commitment. Islamic Relief’s objective is to educate our donors through reporting, answering inquiries, building relationships and providing different options and opportunities on how they can contribute to help different vulnerable communities globally.
Day-to-day operations include but are not limited to, receiving and making any necessary calls to donors and providing support through email regarding their account, and informing donors of our various programs such as orphan sponsorship, emergency appeals, Zakaat, Sadaqa, water and sanitation, and any other work we support on the field or domestically.
A successful candidate for this role must be available to work evenings, and/or weekends, currently and during peak seasons such as Ramadan. The hours for this role may vary.
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Burlington, ON
Department: Donor Relations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service in all interactions with our donors (phone, email, and in person)
- Work well in a fast paced environment where you’re required to multi-task and prioritize different tasks
- Contribute to our various campaigns through donation processing
- Encourage donors to contribute to our various projects by educating them about programs
- Completing outbound calls to lapsed premium donors, completing surveys and re-engaging them with IRC campaigns and collections.
- Manage Outbound lead base, stick to a set conversion rate.
Community Engagement RE: Orphan Sponsorship
- Attend community events, marketplace and mosque to promote orphan sponsorship.
- Manage a booth at local markets and actively fundraise for Orphan Sponsorships.
- Educate the donors by sending any donor stewardship reports related to different projects after our campaigns to build and maintain donor relations
- Any other Ad hoc tasks assigned by the donor relations manager, and/or team lead
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Post-Secondary Education; University degree preferred
- Proficiency in Excel is an asset
- High proficiency in English (oral and written), French and Arabic (oral) preferred
- Strong attention to detail required
- 1-2 years of previous customer service experience
- Manages to balance accuracy and efficiency of work while multitasking
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills
- Basic mathematical skills required
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and has the ability to follow instructions