Media Production Freelancer
Please note: Applicants must submit a portfolio of their relevant work along with their resume
The Marketing department is IRC’s brand protector. They promote IRC and its work through the website, social media, media production and digital marketing. They research and identify IRC’s audience and target marketing efforts to reach the right people with the right message. They develop and implement marketing and digital strategies to meet IRC’s objectives through raising funds online
Islamic Relief Canada is looking to contract a Media Production Freelancer on a project-by-project basis, to assist with day-to-day media production as well as items for annual events and projects. This consists of producing items such as films, short documentaries, audio messages and videos in various formats. By attending events and capturing testimonial videos, the Media Production Freelancer will work to enhance overall awareness and assist in using videos to draw attention to IRC as the future charity of choice. A minimum commitment of 10-15 hours a week is ideal, depending on the volume of work at hand.
Submit applications to: [email protected]
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for covering fundraising events and tours.
- Works to capture and produce event highlight videos
- Works to produce campaign-specific videos.
- Works to capture and produce any social media engagement videos.
- Works to capture and produce any event promotional videos.
- Ventures into the community to capture testimonial videos as deemed fit
- Develop ad hoc videos, either filming new footage or adjusting existing footage.
- Experience with computer software editing programs and video equipment such as cameras, microphones and lighting.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion of a college diploma/university degree in Media, Broadcasting or a related field is recommended
1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Owning media recording and production equipment and softwares is an asset.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Audition)
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Please note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Please email applications to [email protected]