START A CAMPAIGN
AND FUNDRAISE FOR AN IMPORTANT CAUSE
Let’s share the khair from the blessings Allah has bestowed upon us. We may not be able to physically assist those in need all over the world, but we can do everything in our power to fundraise and raise awareness for causes that help better the lives of others.
You can create your very own crowdfunding campaign through Islamic Relief Communities on LaunchGood. Share your page with friends and family. Spread the word through social media and word of mouth. Get others talking about the issue and ask them to help out in whatever way they can.
Let’s get started!
1) Pick a cause/project that you want to support. Choose from our following communities:
When you pledge to support an orphan, you’re not just giving them a gift – you’re giving them a new chance at a better life and opportunities.
Advocate for a cause and get your friends involved. Launch a campaign for an emergency in Yemen, Palestine, Myanmar or Syria.
Fund a water well or sponsor orphans in the memory of a loved one. This act will be a form of sadaqa jaariyah for the deceased.
Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone – do the Edgewalk, run a marathon, climb Everest! All towards an important cause.
2) Start creating your LaunchGood Campaign page!
- Set a goal with a set timeline
- Add a description/message of why you are doing this and some information on the cause you’ve chosen, how will the donations help the people in need (usually can find this information on the website or contact us!)
- Use an appealing picture that represents your campaign, you can also include a video to keep your audience more engaged!
- Add lgirc(at)islamicreliefcanada.org as a member to further provide you support if needed
3) Submit for approval. It may take up to 72 hours for your page to be approved. You may email lgirc(at)islamicreliefcanada.org for expedited approval
4) Share! Share with your friends and family using all social media platforms, word of mouth, emails, and more!
If you require any resources/material such as creatives for your campaign, infographics, messaging templates, email lgirc(at)islamicreliefcanada.org