Walk, Bike, Run or Jog 72km
We are living in an unprecedented time, with a global pandemic that has put many people’s lives at a halt. With Hajj looking different to every other year due to COVID-19, we want to keep this spirit alive.
Islamic Relief Canada presents you the Hajj Challenge! Take part in a 72km walk, bike, run or jog challenge, covering the total distance of Hajj during the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah.
Plan your 10 days, grab your running shoes, your hiking boots or even your bicycle and set off on your Hajj inspired journey this year!
How to Get Started
1. Sign up here, and be prepared on July 22nd, 2020 to start!
2. You will receive an email from Islamic Relief Canada with your own personal LaunchGood Campaign page. The goal for each participants is to raise a minimum of $250.
3. Share, share, share! Spread the word with your friends and family. Get them to join you in the challenge!
4. Tag us on social media @islamicreliefcanada with hashtag #HajjChallenge
*Disclaimer: Participants are not required to complete the entire 72km challenge, we ask you go at your own pace. Participants may also complete the 72km challenge with family and friends, making it a collective effort.
Dates: July 22 – 31, 2020
Distance: 72km (at your own pace!)
Fundraising Target: $250
Difficulty Level: EASY
- Download MapMyRun to track your progress
- Share your personal LaunchGood Campaign with your network to raise money for clean water
Days of the Challenge
- Tag us on social media @islamicreliefcanada with hashtag #HajjChallenge
- Bike, run, walk or jog for 72km in total
- Screenshot your maps, with the time and distance
- Last push for your clean water campaign!
Provide water for life.
While you go on a this 72km bike, walk, jog, run adventure over the course of 10 days, you will also fundraise for Islamic Relief Canada’s Water for Life projects!
Water is the key to all life. Yet across the globe, a staggering 785 million people are going thirsty each and every day. Without safe and clean water to drink, these people risk dehydration, disease and at worse: death.
During these 10 blessed days, let’s go the extra mile to reap the rewards of Dhul Hijjah and provide that for them.
Here are some examples of water projects:
> Building & rehabilitating water wells for consumption and agriculture purposes
> Repairing large water supply systems
> Provide awareness sessions on hygiene practices
> Installing hand washing stations
> Distribute hygiene kits to adults and children
> Repair public latrines across communities (ie. schools)
By signing up to this challenge, the funds you raise will help provide clean and safe water to families in desperate need. Sign up now and help save lives.
Challenge your limits!