For immediate release
Islamic Relief Canada to host an iftar in support of Yemen
Islamic Relief Canada is hosting iftars in the following cities, the proceeds from which will support those in urgent need in Yemen.
- Edmonton • May 10, 2019 at 7 PM • Silvermoon Banquets (3223 Parsons Road, Edmonton, AB, T6N 1B4) • Speakers: Alaa Elsayed and Ieasha Prime
- Saskatoon • May 11, 2019 at 6:30 PM • Cathedral of the Holy Family (123 Nelson Road, Saskatoon, SK, S7S 1H1 • Speakers: Saad Tasleem and Ieasha Prime
- Calgary • May 12, 2019 at 7 PM • Habebe’s (2611 37 Avenue Northeast, Calgary, AB, T1Y 5V7) • Speakers: Saad Tasleem and Ieasha Prime
- Mississauga • May 18, 2019 at 7 PM • Versailles Convention Center (6721 Edwards Blvd, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2V9) • Speakers: Mahmood Abdul-Rauf, Dalia Fahmy, AbdelRahman Murphy
- Montreal • May 20, 2019 at 7 PM • Château Royal (3500 Boul du Souvenir, Laval, Québec, H7V 1X2) • Speakers: Hamid Slimi and Nasser Karimian
The conflict in Yemen continues and has created what the United Nations has called “the world’s worst humanitarian crisis”. More than 85,000 have reportedly passed away due to starvation and more than 24 million Yemenis are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance to meet their most essential needs.
Islamic Relief Canada (IRC) is a registered charity in Canada and a prominent NGO that works in more than 30 countries and with people of all backgrounds. Islamic Relief has been operating in Yemen since 1998. Over the past decade, IRC has supported over 150,000 people in Yemen by providing medical care, livelihood opportunities, food distribution, child welfare programs, orphan sponsorship, and more.
To arrange for interviews, pictures, videos and/or live footage of distributions, please contact Reyhana Patel – [email protected] | 647-200-4662.