IT Project Manager
Islamic Relief Canada is looking for an Information Technology Project Manager to work closely with a technical team of developers and assist with the implementation of an organization-wide technology transformation.
The candidate should have strong management and analytic skills with attention to detail and a comprehensive understanding of technology.
Status: Full time, 1 year contract
Location: Burlington, ON / Remote
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Submit applications to: [email protected]
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Define the software development pipeline and ongoing rollout of Odoo as an org-wide Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis
- Take ownership in developing and updating project documentation that includes project objectives, scope, timelines, budget, approach, plan, roles and responsibilities and deliverables. An approved procedural/strategy document exists to define the pre and post-implementation activities to ensure activities are performed as planned and any issues identified are tracked and resolved timely.
- Develop migration strategy that includes migration approach, roles/responsibilities,mapping approach, validation of migrated files, quality assurance, control strategy
- Manage the Issue log to identify, record, prioritized, assign, resolve and track status of identified issues or defects encountered
- Establish ‘Go or No-Go’ decision criteria that are defined, communicated and approved by the steering committee.
- Proactively identifies and supports resolution of design and implementation issues, thereby optimizing the value of the system obtaining user acceptance and adoption and minimizing potential rework and ineffectiveness.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Facilitation and problem resolution between business units, technical teams, vendors, steering committee and leadership team.
- Inspect projects for quality assurance
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction through post-implementation debriefs
- Recruit and train exceptional employees to fulfill posted positions within the technical department
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates understanding of project management processes, strategies and methods
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in the technology department
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Able to communicate effectively to all stakeholders
- Motivated self-starter who is able to take both guidance and initiative
- Detail-oriented and committed to deadlines
- Eligible to work in Canada
Please note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Please email applications to [email protected]