Jr. Regional FD Coordinator
The Fund Development department aims to develop and implement strategies to increase the funding income of Islamic Relief through a range of fundraising initiatives and through acquisition and retention of donors, volunteers and community supporters
To support the Regional FD Manager in fulfilling the organizational objectives of developing and optimising on community fundraising and volunteer initiatives
Recruit, Coordinate and supervise volunteers and volunteer groups within the assigned region/area
Take a volunteer-led approach in ensuring the effective delivery of fundraising activities locally and representing the organisation at fundraising and other events
Dealing with related logistical issues and ensuring that materials and equipment are available
Status: 3 month Contract
Location: 2 Mississauga, 1 London, 1 Ottawa, 1 Quebec
Department: Fund Development
Submit applications to: [email protected]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Volunteers and Networking
- Ensure volunteers are recruited to support Islamic Relief activities
- Ensure all volunteers working with Islamic Relief in your area are properly registered, inducted, trained and developed
- Maintain and update a volunteer database for your area
- Oversee aspects of work where volunteers are involved
Event Planning and Execution
- Support volunteers in managing events locally or event participation in consultation with line manager
- Represent the organisation at Islamic Relief and non-Islamic Relief events
- Ensure that appropriate materials and equipment are available for events
- Loading, delivering and returning materials and equipment to and from functions
- Maintaining supplies of fundraising/promotional materials at all times
- To assist with fundraising at all events within region.
- To ensure that all funds and pledges are collected, stored safely, and acted upon.
- To undertake any follow up actions which are required by IRUK or third parties after fundraising has taken place.
- To arrange leaflet distributions in liaison with volunteers.
- Ensure regional activity log is kept up to date
- Any other task as deemed appropriate by line manager in improving the efficiency and performance of Islamic Relief
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Experience of local fundraising activity, ideally with funds raised in a community setting.
- Experience of working with the public, preferably face to face.
- Experience of supporting events.
- Experience of working with volunteers
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and understanding of the local region and community.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to provide good stewardship to supporters.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to motivate and manage volunteers
- A good level of literacy and numeracy with the ability to work effectively under pressure and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, be self-motivating and deliver to target.
- Strong organisational skills i.e. ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines, establish and maintain monitoring systems etc.
- IT literate with ability to use MS packages, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Completed High School Level Education
- Confident engaging with community audiences.
- Strong motivation and empathy towards the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Ability to represent Islamic Relief in a wide range of situations.
- Readiness to travel and also work outside normal office hours
- Current local driving license and access to a vehicle
- Have a flexible approach to work in order to accommodate events, functions and work activity
- Willingness to travel to nearby cities for events, functions and work activities
Please note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Please email applications to [email protected]