Program Support Officer
This position is responsible for providing programmatic support within the International Program Department, reporting to the International Program Manager. This entry-level position focuses on the Seasonal Program Portfolio, documentation compliance for over 60 projects across the department, and effective collaboration with other departments, such as Donor Relations, Fundraising, and Marketing.
*The successful candidate must be available to work approximately 9 to 5 pm (EST) Monday to Friday, with flexibility to work early mornings or late evenings as required.
Status: Full-time Contract, 1 year
Location: Burlington, ON/Flexibility to work remotely
Submit applications to: [email protected]
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Information Management and Department Planning
- Maintain specified department databases
- Conduct program portfolio documentation review as required and in collaboration with the International Program Department
- Support the consolidated documentation of program experiences and lessons learned
- Develop integrated department tools as assigned
- Participate in team meetings, working groups, and committees, as assigned
- Develop up-to-date country profiles, as required and in collaboration with the relevant Program Officer
- Maintain the interdepartmental program tools
- Provide additional program support to departments for effective cross-unit collaboration (e.g. edit and check content from other departments, case study compilation)
- Oversee the Seasonal Program Portfolio, including Qurbani, Ramadan, and Eid programming
- Support the development of proposals for internal and external funding as requested
- Review/develop tools, where possible, to streamline the proposal development process
- Support the development of monitoring and evaluation tools
- Please note this is not an exhaustive list of duties. Other responsibilities will be assigned by the supervisor accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Post-Secondary Education; University degree preferred
- Experience, which can include internships, in report and proposal development, project management, administrative support, and/or communications is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Excel, prepare documents and presentations, and maintain databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in French is an asset.
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively and proactively with colleagues; to work effectively independently and in a team; and to work under time-bound and stressful
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, and at short notice (if required)
- Eligible to work in Canada
Please note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Please email applications to [email protected]