Regional Fundraising Manager – Quebec
The Fundraising department aims to develop and implement strategies to increase the funding income of Islamic Relief through a range of fundraising initiatives and through acquisition and retention of donors, volunteers and community supporters. The FD team will be focusing on developing relationships with donors and volunteers to help advance the organization’s objective of strong community engagement
- This position will work directly under the Head of Fundraising. He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing a sustainable community fundraising strategy for their region in order to raise funds and increase awareness & participation amongst supporters.
- This position will be the point of contact and representative of IRC in the assigned region.
- This individual will need to develop a large network and work collaboratively with key stakeholders including other departments internally, volunteers, community institutions and partners, to plan, deliver, and evaluate fundraising initiatives and maximize income generation opportunities.
- Managing the regional fundraising team with agreed strategy and action plans.
- Strategic input in making department decisions.
- To ensure that fundraising activity is implemented and managed locally to deliver budgets, targets and income in line with National and Regional plans and strategies.
- To ensure the fulfilment of financial targets set by the Head of Fund Development
- To recruit, identify, engage and develop relationships with key stakeholders within the community who actively fundraise for Islamic Relief.
Status: Full time, Contract
Location: Greater Montreal Area
Submit applications to: [email protected]
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Manage Fundraising Team
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of fundraisers to achieve the national fundraising strategy providing clear guidelines, plans and deliverables.
- Ensure regular feedback is given to team members, issues and concerns highlighted and remedial action is agreed and implemented.
- Oversee the setting and implementation of objectives for direct reports and the regional fundraising team as a whole, aligned to the organisation’s strategy and departments work plans.
- Carry out regular 1:1 meetings and annual appraisals and actively performance manage staff.
Ensure the regional team understand and adhere to the policies and procedures as directed
- Identify and develop partnerships with local organizations, mosques and institutions to promote and support the work of Islamic Relief Canada
- Meet with boards and other key stakeholders to establish a partnership with IRC
- Scope and identify sponsorship opportunities in the region to build IRC presence, support from local partners and engagement with the community
- Build and maintain relationships with IRC donors and stakeholders, providing them with regular feedback and stewardship on donations
Event Planning & Execution
- Liaise with national events manager to plan for IRC events and speaker tours
- Delegate implementation of events to regional fundraising team to ensure smooth roll out of each event/tour in the region and to meet set fundraising targets
- Leverage relationships with mosques, community partners and key donors to sell tickets to events ensuring their success
Volunteers & Networking
- Create local networks of supporters across the region that can deliver benefits for Islamic Relief including income, increasing profile and engagement
- Travel within the region to meet and build relationships with key premium donors to enhance fundraising efforts
- Build relationships across other Islamic Relief teams in your areas – Fundraising, Marketing and Programs to manage the development, implementation and achievement of Community Fundraising plans and goals
- Attend and speak at community events to raise your profile as the IRC representative in your region
- Support your regional fundraising team with the establishment of regional volunteer teams
- Train and equip key supporters and volunteers with the knowledge, motivation and understanding to implement their role in the community on behalf of Islamic Relief
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Proven experience of managing staff and/or volunteers to reach their potential
- Proven experience of budgeting and use of KPIs to monitor and manage financial performance
- Significant voluntary or professional fundraising experience
- Proven experience of stakeholder relationship management
- Proven experience of project management
- Proven experience of working effectively without close supervision dealing with problems as they arise
- Proven experience of people management including performance reviews, management development, motivation and effective management of performance issues
- Delivery of outcomes through others – peers, volunteers or staff – in a professional or voluntary context
- Proven experience of delivering professionally in a target driven role
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Proven ability to make the ask and secure financial or other support
- Credibility and confidence to have challenging conversations and influence at all levels
- Excellent people management skills and ability to distance manage a team, ensuring they are supported and motivated to achieve fundraising targets
- Excellent budget management skills to maximize contribution
- Broad understanding of fundraising techniques and the specific value, role and techniques utilized within Community Fundraising activity
- Able to work outside an office environment and manage remote relationships
- Use of Google Suite, data bases and project management tools to deliver on KPIs
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing as well as build relationships with people of all backgrounds, levels and settings including business, social and educational
- Able to inspire others, mentor and coach them in goal delivery
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Ability to formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate plans in a cycle of continuous improvement
- Able to prepare a compelling ‘case for support’ to capitalise on fundraising opportunities and match organisational need with potential supporters
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting demands, delegate, organise and plan time effectively
- Initiative – ability to formulate own ideas and action plans. Implementing own initiatives and those of others to achieve organisational objectives
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Degree educated or equivalent professional experience
- Current local driving license and access to a vehicle
- Have a flexible approach to work in order to accommodate events, functions and work activity
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, and at short notice
Please note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Please email applications to [email protected]