This position is responsible for building relationships, managing teams, executing fundraising activities and creating awareness for Islamic Relief Canada (IRC) across its region. The ideal candidate will establish a presence and act as a frontline representative for Islamic Relief and its fundraising, engagement, and events in the community, including but not limited to the coordination of regional volunteer teams, liaising with masjids and community organizations, and the implementation of special events. The Regional Coordinator will promote the organization, respond to donor and volunteer queries and actively participate in collecting donations. This position will aim to reach out to various communities in their respective region and report directly to the FD Regional Manager.
Status: 2 positions – (1) full time, permanent & (1) 12-month contract
Department: Fund Development
Start Date: Immediate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains relationships with other organizations and masjids
- The main point of contact for the regional volunteer team
- Lead the team through regular meetings, continuously creating engagement, facilitating their activities and enabling them to execute various fundraising initiatives of all scales
- Responsible for meeting the overall operational & financial performance of the region; maintains a focus on growing donation volume and increasing overall penetration of donors in the region
- Manages operating P&L metrics and understands how expenditures/costs impact the organization
- Maintain relationships with organizations and religious institutions in the area to collect funds and increase IRC engagement with the community.
- Mobilize regional teams across the region to assist with collections in Ramadan, Friday prayer collections, Qurbani etc…
- Finding creative ways to increase donor penetration within the region by opening new initiatives through the community such as Bazaars, booths etc..
- Responsible for the continuous recruitment of qualified volunteers to create succession and growth within the regional team.
- Assist with fundraising activities at IRC’s major events/sponsorships within and outside of region if required
- Execution of domestic programs within the assigned region
- Assists with ad hoc projects and events as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong attention to detail
- Post-Secondary Education required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team, region or departmental objectives
- 1-2 years of experience in volunteer management, fundraising and/or event planning
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team and independently
- Self-motivating and takes initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a vehicle
- Must be eligible to work in Canada